Our Spring Music Concert was a great success. Thank-you to all who shared their talents with us and those who came to enjoy!
Won Buddhism Meditation
2nd Annual Spring Equinox Music Concert
Friday, March 20, 7:30-8:45
Celebrate the first day of Spring with music & an open heart at our
4th Annual Spring Equinox Music Concert!
A Benefit for Dharma Camp Scholarships
Won-Buddhism Meditation Temple
8021 Old NC 86 Chapel Hill, NC 27516
Spring is waking up, yawning and stretching. Let’s welcome her arrival!
Our Meditation Hall is a wonderful acoustic space for listening and meditating; and live music always hits the spot!
Each year the temple offers a unique week-long summer Dharma Day Camp for children. Because of the growing interest from previous years, we have two series of children’s camps and an overnight mindfulness retreat for teens. There are many families who would like to send their children but cannot afford it. Your support will enable them to attend dharma camp as well as supporting adults attending meditation retreats.
Performances will include flute, violin, dulcimer, guitar, piano, vocals,
a cappella singing, and traditional Korean drum performance
by generous and talented children and adult musicians from our community.
Here is a peek at our musical night!
- Daran and Edie, Sound Opening
- Dante Ray (age 9), violin
- Lauren Southwell (age 11), violin (accompanied by her mother, Angie Southwell)
- Rev. Ginger Lee, classical guitar
- Lynne Jaffe, piano
- Jennifer Jackson, a classical song
- Won Voice Chorus, a capella songs (in Korean and English)
- Alex Haynes-Buob, hammered dulcimer
- Lara Olson and Alex Haynes-Buob, guitar and dulcimer
- Donna Moldovan, songs with guitar
- Alma Coefman, flute and Kristin Trangsrud, piano
- Oswaldo Estrada, vocals, Alma Coefman, flute, Kristin Trangsrud, piano
- Michael Rudder, piano
- Reverends Ginger and WonGong, traditional Korean drums “Ari-Rang” song
- Drew Pilant, kalimba
Please mark your calendar and join us in this fun musical equinox evening, and help support the Children’s Dharma Camp Scholarship Fund! Thank you!
Admission, donation $10-20.
Please email (WontempleNC@gmail.com) or
call (919-933-6946) to reserve your seat.
Please join us in this fun musical equinox evening, and help
support the Children’s Dharma Camp Scholarship Fund! Thank
Suggested donation $10-$20. Please email or call to reserve